Sunday, February 25, 2007

Nothing much...

Communication
We've just spent some time practicing the 4 step process of NV Communication, which requires us to be self-aware and clearly express our observations, feelings, needs and wants. After demonstrating the process and practicing together for a while DJ said:

When I hear you talk like that
I feel annoyed
because I'm needing you to talk properly
so I would like you to shut up

I just love the way he instantly grasps new concepts and the way he applies them - he has such a great sense of humour!

Today's Quote
The hardest battle is to be nobody but yourself in a world that is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everybody else.
E. E. Cummings

Today's Link

OpenCourseWare Consortium

On The News
Home teaching on the rise
In search of inner space
"Most people there were with children, including a few with special needs, who were being educated at home and who had a rare form of wisdom from which the rest of us could learn. Many friends voiced bafflement that there could be any "retreat" that involved children. All I can say is that children on retreat can teach us more than we can imagine"

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hello, I'm hopping around the blogring today and found your blog. Very interesting. I especially like the "in the news" sections. Thank you.

Michelle said...

Hello, I'm hopping around the blogring today and found your blog. Very interesting. I especially like the "in the news" sections. Thank you.