Saturday, February 24, 2007

NVC & News


Here's my latest experiment with watercolours.
I'm looking forward to a weekend of Non-Violent Communication with Seed of Peace.

Today's Poem
WORDS ARE WINDOWS (OR ARE THE WALLS?)
by Ruth Bebermeyer

I feel so sentenced by your words,
I feel so judged and sent away,
Before I go I’ve got to know
Is that what you mean to say?

Before I rise to my defence,
Before I speak in hurt or fear,
Before I build that wall of words,
Tell me, did I really hear?

Words are windows, or they’re walls,
They sentence us, or set us free.
When I speak and when I hear,
Let the love light shine through me.

There are things I need to say,
Things that mean so much to me,
If my words don’t make me clear,
Will you help me to be free?

If I seemed to put you down,
If you felt I didn’t care,
Try to listen through my words
To the feelings that we share. –R.B.

Today's Quotes
Nothing creates more resistance than telling people they "should" or "have to" or "must" or "ought to" do something. These terms eliminate choice. Without the freedom to choose, life becomes slave like. "I had to do it, superior's orders" is the response of people robbed of their free will. Prompted by directives and injunctions, people do not take responsibility for their actions. - Marshall B. Rosenberg

Better than a thousand useless words is one single word, hearing which one attains peace - Buddha

On The News
Home schooling 'triples in eight years'
'150,000 children' educated at home
Home education 'needs monitoring'
A happy, fulfilled life free of school
Why more parents opt for home education
Big rise in home education
Worried Parents Turn To Home
Kids Home Learn Rise
Children 'harmed by starting school aged four'

A Feasibility Study

The Prevalence of Home Education in England

3 comments:

lucy said...

love the art and poem - and the links are very interesting too :)

Estee Klar-Wolfond said...

Again, another great post. I'm really enjoying your entries.

Estee

Gill said...

Beautiful picture!