Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Home educated wins award

"An inspirational student has overcome dyspraxia, beaten the bullies and won the prestigious Student of the Year 2008 award at Milton Keynes College. Matthew, aged 18, was home educated after a challenging time at school and his secondary education was entirely conducted by his parents. He took the big step of going to college because he wanted to re-integrate himself into mainstream education."

"It's been an absolute roller coaster journey for me. Being home educated for five years after suffering terrible bullying at school I now feel that I've come out on top. They were wrong and I was right, I believed in myself and now I have won."

Read more...

1 comment:

Miss 376 said...

Your experience is an encouragement to us all. A great achievement