Thursday, October 15, 2009

Home Educators Mass Lobby of Parliament



From here: [Two days ago,] over 450 Home Educators and many supporters lobbied parliament today to protest against the Review of Elective Home Education chaired by Graham Badman.


UPDATE: CHANGES DISMAY HOME EDUCATORS

A FAMILY from Crediton took part in the recent mass lobby of Parliament in a bid to stop "intrusive" legislation affecting home education.

"We want to give our children an education that reflects our values and principles as opposed to those of a complete stranger. Some children thrive in a school system but I think I can do a better job myself. It's great to be in charge of what they're learning. You can't monitor what they do at school. It's my right to educate my children as I see fit." said Mrs Martin.

Read it here.

No comments: