Thursday, February 04, 2010

Homeschoolers excluded from laptop grants

Another petition:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to allow home educating families to apply for home access laptop grants.

At the moment home-educating families are purposely excluded from the Home Access free laptop scheme for families on low incomes in England. We believe this to be discriminatory against families who strive to bring a nurturing and personal education to their children and at their own cost. Ed Balls said that children without access to the Internet at home are "...at a disadvantage to their peers..." yet is utterly at home leaving a tiny section of society in that very place: at a disadvantage to everyone else.

Please make the laptops available to home-educated children too. The current criteria is negligent and exclusive. More here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally would not necessarily want one of the proprietary laptops which BECTA were considering handing out.

For reasons why, see here.

Anonymous said...

Excellent pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your blog.
Im really impressed by your site.
Hey there, You have performed an incredible job. I will certainly digg it
and in my view recommend to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this site.

Also visit my web-site :: earn money fast online

Anonymous said...

When some one searches for his necessary thing, so he/she needs to be available
that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.


My page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtQw9OzNwY

Anonymous said...

Why people still use to read news papers when
in this technological world everything is accessible on net?


my blog post win some money for free

Anonymous said...

If you desire to obtain a good deal from this article then you have to
apply such methods to your won web site.

Feel free to visit my web-site: binary Options

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our website.
Keep up the great writing.

Stop by my web blog: how to make extra money fast

Anonymous said...

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do think that
you should publish more on this issue, it may
not be a taboo matter but usually people do not
discuss these issues. To the next! All the best!!

my blog - how to save money fast